If you are a passionate DIYer, then having the best heat gun you can afford is a must. You cannot possibly imagine taking on projects if you do not have the necessary tools. A heat gun is one of those tools. You can use it on several occasions, it will make some tasks a lot less difficult, and you can always be creative with it.
When do you need it?
People use a heat gun in various situations. Having the best heat gun can make a certain activity a lot more enjoyable, and nothing will be complicated anymore. Here is what you can use it for:
- You can heat glass. That will allow you to make various glass objects. Just make sure that you do not get any of the hot glass on your skin. It is a one-way ticket to the emergency room.
- It is ideal for paint removal. That job is one of the most difficult without the proper tools. However, a heat gun will get the job done in a very short amount of time.
- You can use it for loosening tiles. That again is a difficult job. In fact, it is a lot more difficult to loosen tiles than to place new ones.
- You can soften ice-covered tubes. A heat gun will come in handy during those freezing winter months. Just make sure not to get too close of the tubes.
- A heat gun is an ideal tool for bending That has many applications, practical or otherwise.
The benefits of a heat gun
There are several advantages that are worth mentioning, but keep in mind that a heat gun can be used in numerous cases, so however you choose to use the gun, you will benefit a great deal from it. Here are the most notable benefits.
- You can enjoy your activities – whatever project you may be working on, there will always be that one part that you do not like. However, a heat gun, with its various applications, has the ability to eliminate that part you hate. Therefore, you can enjoy the entire activity.
- It provides comfort while in use – usually, heat guns come with a very comfortable rubber grip. As a result, whatever it is that you are doing, you will be very comfortable doing it. With the best heat gun, you can go on for hours without feeling any discomfort.
- It is easy to use – you do not need to spend too much time learning how to use a heat gun. Usually, it comes with a set of very detailed instructions, and heat guns are generally easy to use. It is not rocket science, and anyone could do it.
- Adjustable heat – most heat guns come with that feature. That will allow you to work on a vast variety of objects. You can get creative and work on whatever you like without worrying about a too high or too low temperature.
Things to consider before buying a heat gun
Now that you know a heat gun is versatile, you are probably wondering how to choose the best one. It is not difficult, but you have to consider a few things first. Here is what you should look for.
- How many times you will use it – some people use a heat gun on a regular basis, while others use it once or twice per year. You should think exactly how much you will be using the gun. That is important because it will establish your needs. The best heat gun will be able to satisfy your maximum number of needs. There is no point in buying a very powerful and expensive heat gun if you are only going to use it once, and a cheap, less strong heat gun will be useless if you need it on a regular basis. So make sure to take that into consideration before you make a purchase.
- Home usage vs. industrial purposes –not all heat guns are suitable for every job. Some jobs may require more power or more heat, while others can be satisfied with little With that being said, if you want a heat gun for home use or for industrial purposes, make sure to read the label of a product before you plan on buying it. That will save you a lot of trouble.
- Choose a type – just as you may expect, there is more than one type of heat gun. You have to choose the one that makes you feel comfortable to use. You can choose from electric hot air heat guns, gas powered heat guns or infrared heat guns. They all come with their own advantages and disadvantages. It is up to you to pick one.
- Safety – in every project you want to take on there is nothing more important than safety. After all, a heat gun is not the safest tool in the shed, which is why you need to make sure that the heat gun you buy has safety features.
- Accessories – not all jobs require the same accessory, which is why you need different nozzles. Some heat guns come as kits in which you can find multiple nozzles, but if that is not the case, you must buy them separately. Fortunately, there are available on the market, and most of them are compatible with most heat guns. You will not go through too much trouble finding the right nozzle.
As I mentioned above, safety is paramount when you work with a heat gun. That is because you can get hurt easily. There are a lot of risk factors when you work with a heat gun, and most of them involve burns. Here are some tips that should prevent the occurrence of any injury while using a heat gun.
- When you use the heat gun, make sure that there is no flammable gas or dust near your working station. That may damage the heat gun and lead to an injury.
- Always use the suitable nozzle for the job. When you buy the heat gun or the nozzle, it usually comes with an instructions manual. In there you will find what nozzle you should use on particular jobs. Make sure always to follow the instructions.
- Do not store the heat gun right after use. Let it cool down for a while and only then place it in a dry and cold place.
- Do not keep the nozzle of the heat gun too close to the item you areworking There is a minimum distance you need to keep. The manual of the gun you buy will tell you what that distance is.
What are the best heat guns?
As you can imagine, there are hundreds of models on the market. Choosing the right one should be easy considering the fact that you have all the information now. However, if you are still in doubt, here are some suggestions that you will surely like.
Genesis GHG1500A Dual Temperature Heat Gun Kit
The heat gun from Genesis is a dual temperature heat gun that you can use on various jobs. The fact that it has two temperatures will help you control it better in particular situations. It depends on what you have to do. The 1500/750 watt heat gun has a powerful 12.5 amp motor that will make some jobs a lot easier for you. All you have to do is plug it in and go on with your business. The fact that it can be used on high-temperatureor on low provides versatility.
This product is, in fact, a kit, which means that it comes with several nozzles. In the kit, you will find two deflector nozzles, one reflector nozzle, and an air reduction nozzle. The deflector nozzle is ideal when you work on glass or other surfaces because its purpose is to protect. The reflector nozzle speeds the thawing of pipes.
Truth be told, this is an excellent product. It is made of high-quality materials. That means it will last for a very long time. It is very easy to use, and it is lightweight. You can do anything you want with it, from scraping paint to changing a phone or tablet display. Be careful, though. It is not a toy, and it can lead to serious injuries if not used correctly. Always read the instructions before use. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Wagner Power Products 503008 HT 1000 1200W Heat Gun
The Wagner heat gun is a 1200-watt tool manufactured in China. However, it is a high-quality heat gun that will get the job done, which ever that may be. It is made of premium materials that make it sturdy, durable, and highly efficient. What more can you possibly want from a heat gun?
This can be used for general purposes, from stripping paint of your wall and furniture, to thawing pipes in the winter and loosening tiles. There are few things it cannot do, but that is because of technical limitations, not quality. The gun has been designed to fulfill your needs as best as possible. It has two temperature settings, 750 and 1000 degrees Fahrenheit. You can use it to de-freeze your freezer and loosen bolts that have been affected by rust, but at the same time, you can use the gun to heat the glue that holds the display on a phone or tablet. It can be powerful but gentle at the same time.
The product is very easy to use. However, this heat gun does not come with nozzles. The design is ergonomic so that you can use the gun for hours without feeling fatigue or muscle strain. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Black+Decker HG1300 Dual Temperature Heat Gun
Just like the previous two heat guns, the one from Black+Decker has two temperature settings. You can use the 750 degrees for gentle work, like warming the glue for a repair, or the 1000 degrees setting for something that requires a higher temperature, like stripping old pain of your garden furniture. It is an extremely useful tool that will make certain tasks more enjoyable. At the same time, it is very versatile. You can use it in your kitchen as well as in your workshop.
The Black+Decker has some very lovely features. It comes with a built-in stand that will facilitate fast and easy cooldown. The compact design and the fact that it is very light makes it easy to use. You can strip paint for hours but your hand will not get tired, and your muscles will not be sorefrom repetitive movements.
This heat gun does not come with nozzles, but you can use it without. If you insist on buying nozzles, you should know that the mouth is standard, so most nozzles will be compatible with this model. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
I like a heat gun just like the next person, which is why I believe everyone should have one in their home. You never know when you may need it, and it surely makes some jobs a lot easier. No matter how good the three products above are, there is one that exceeds the others. That is the Genesis GHG1500A Dual Temperature Heat Gun Kit. It can go up to a higher temperature than the other two models, and it comes with the nozzles. That is a selling point for me.
When it comes to home improvement, for example, or simple repairs, the more tools you have in the house, the better. Investing in the best heat gun is one of the best ideas. It has multiple applications, and it can make some jobs more enjoyable. I do not know anybody who likes to loosen tiles with chemical solutions or other power tools. That is why I think you should purchase one of the products above. Whatever your choice is, you will definitely not regret it. Click here to buy on Amazon
- What You Should Do About Adjustable Heat Gun Starting in the Next 2 Minutes
- Using Heat Gun for Sale
- The Top Secret Truth About Heat Gun Paint Removal Uncovered
- Cheap Heat Gun – Overview
- What to Expect From Wagner Heat Gun?
- Key Pieces of Industrial Heat Gun
- The Meaning of Cordless Heat Gun
- The Most Incredibly Overlooked Solution for Black and Decker Heat Gun
- The Heat Gun Trap
- A Guide to Battery Heat Gun
- Things You Should Know About Porter Cable Heat Gun
- Details of Heat Gun Cheap
- The Secret to Heavy Duty Heat Gun
- What You Don’t Know About Where Can I Buy a Heat Gun
- Outrageous Electric Heat Gun Tips
- Heat Gun Nozzle Attachments Reviews & Tips
- All About Electronics Heat Gun
- Electronic Heat Gun Guide
- Heat Gun Lowes Reviews & Tips
- Hot Air Heat Gun: No Longer a MysteryHeat is conducted by various materials in various ways
- Top Dewalt Cordless Heat Gun Secrets
- New Questions About Where to Buy a Heat Gun Answered and Why You Must Read Every Word of This Report
- The Pain of Battery Powered Heat Gun
- The Secret to Black & Decker Heat Gun
- A Deadly Mistake Uncovered on Heat Gun for Paint Removal and How to Avoid It
- Most Noticeable Paint Removal Heat Gun
- The Principles of Heat Gun to Remove Paint That You Can Benefit From Beginning Immediately
- The Insider Secret on Infrared Heat Gun Uncovered
- Read What an Old Pro is Saying About Heat Gun for Electronics
- The Confidential Secrets of Paint Heat Gun
- Paint Stripping Heat Gun for Dummies
- The Truth About Buy Heat Gun
- Top Heat Gun Temperature Tips!
- The Indisputable Reality About Heat Gun Uses That Nobody Is Sharing With You
- Life, Death and Heat Gun Price